ST. ALi TRAINING | BREWING MODULE 1
This hands-on course aims to provide the participant with an introduction to filter coffee brewing.
This hands-on course aims to provide the participant with an introduction to filter coffee brewing. The participant will learn about the key variables in brewing filter coffee and how to manipulate the variables to get the best flavour in the cup. At the completion of this course, participants will be able to brew coffee using different brewers and will also be equipped with necessary technical skills and know-how to troubleshoot a brewed coffee
Who should attend?
- Ideal for beginner or novice barista, roaster, home enthusiast or anyone who is interested in alternative brewing.
- Up to four individuals to a class, to maximise interaction and learning.
- Three Hours.
- Around half this time is spent on theory. The other half is hands-on practical application.
- Understanding Coffee Brewing Parameters - Brew Ratio, Grind Particle Size and contact time.
- Understanding Coffee Extraction and how to manipulate the variables to achieve the best flavour in the cup.
- Dial in a Filter Coffee Recipe using coffee refractometer.
- Drip vs Immersion - Learn to brew coffee using V60 and Aeropress.
- Guide Tasting & Exploration – Taste and compare brewed coffee with different methods and explore how the different variables influence the flavour, strength and extraction in the cup.